Friday, January 3, 2014

John 14: A Place For You in God's Kingdom (You Already Know The Way)

A Study of The Words of Jesus in John Chapter 14
God's Kingdom (artist's rendition)

John 14 (Aramiac-to-English)
1. "Let not your heart be troubled. Believe in God and believe in me." *
2. "There are many lodgings in my Father's house, and if not, I would have told you, because I go to prepare a place for you."
3. "And if I go prepare a place for you, I shall come again and bring you to join me, that where I am you shall be also."
4. "And where I am going, you know, and you know the way."
5. Thoma said to him, "Our Lord, we do not know where you are going and how can we know the way?"
6. Yeshua said to him, "I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Way and The Truth and The Life; no man comes to my Father but by me alone."
7. "If you had known me, you also would have known my Father, and from this hour you do know him and you have seen him." ~ Jesus Christ (Yeshua/The Son of God)

Here, in these first opening seven verses of John 14, Jesus is re-assuring us that we should not worry; opening up the chapter with a sense of security and freedom for us:
 "Let not your heart be troubled" (have no worries of the following matter, he's not lying to us). If he has left us, he will come back after preparing a place for you and me in the Kingdom of God, if we believe, have no worries, and we are confident that he's not lying to us.

He also proposes to us that we already know, as disciples of truth, where He's going, and that we know the way. Why? (But why does he imply this term?)

After one of his close disciples asks Him, he replies; "I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Way and The Truth and The Life; no man comes to my Father but by me alone." Reference: (Genesis 1:26) And God said, "Let us make man according to *our image and likeness," ("our image and likeness" means that there was more than one person present, which can only be three possible identities that we know are eternal from reading the Scriptures: God The Father, God The Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. So, in reality, Jesus can say the He is the Living God as well as God the Father, because He also shares the attribute of being able to create things (someone we call "a God," God The Son/The Son of God). Furthered more, he says in verse 7, "If you had known me, you also would have known my Father, and from this hour you do know him and you have seen him." Why does He say this? Isn't God The Father someone else, as He also tells us in various other verses, is a separate entity? Let's look at a few things to help us understand this: John 4:24 King James Version (KJV) "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." ~ Apostle John (John the prophet/revelator). So, here on this verse, earlier in the Gospel of John, he is telling us that God is a Spirit. So, if God is a Spirit, then the only person that He could be referring to here is God The Father, since Jesus was physically present with us here on Earth. So, here we see that God is not a human creation like us (of course), He is a Spirit. But Jesus says that if you have seen Him, you have also seen the Father. So then, the only physical person that we can see here is Jesus Himself, if God is a Spirit. So, then here again Jesus is telling us that He is also our Father and creator (back to my reference of Genesis 1:26: we were made in the image of all three: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, so we have a soul that is spiritual and with characteristics of all three-in-one).

In verse 9, one more time, Jesus makes His point; "All this time I am with you and you have not known me Phillip? Whoever has seen me has seen The Father, and how do you say, 'Show us The Father'?" Jesus is also our father, because He also had a hand in creating us. So, He is making sure that Phillip is confident in knowing that He is also our father.

Verses 10 through 16:
10. * "Do you not believe that I am in my Father and my Father in me? The words which I am speaking, I am not speaking from myself, but my Father who dwells within me, he does these works." (Here Jesus is making it clear that God is dwelling in Him as a Spirit. In other words, the Spirit of God The Father is with Him all the time.)

11. "Believe that I am in my Father and my Father in me, otherwise believe because of the works." (If you don't believe, then look at the works I perform.)

12. "Timeless truth, I tell you: 'whoever believes in me, those works which I have done he will also do, and he will do greater works than these, because I am going to the presence of my Father.' " 13. "And anything that you will ask in my name I shall do for you, that The Father may be glorified in his Son."
14. "And if you will ask me in my name, I shall do this." (Anything that we ask Jesus for, as true believers, and it is a profitable thing for us (of course), Jesus is presenting to God The Father in heaven. Reference: 1 John 5:7 King James Version (KJV) "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." ~ Apostle John/the prophet/revelator)

Verses 15 through 31:    
15. "If you love me, keep my commandments." (Keep the commandments of God The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, which are one-in-the same/The Law/The Ten Commandments)

16. "And I shall request from my Father and he will give you another Redeemer of the accursed*, that he will be with you for eternity. (The Helper/The Holy Spirit, which God sent to us as described in Acts 2, after Jesus Had ascended to heaven, as He promised.)

17. "He is The Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it has neither seen him nor known him; but you know him, for he dwells with you and he is in you."

18. "I shall not leave you as orphans, for I shall come to you in a little while." (Jesus is making known to us that He will return, as the prophecies of the rest of the Bible tell us.)

19. "And the world will not see me, but you shall see me; because I live, you also shall live." (Jesus will live in spirit with us, and we see His works [if we have the eyes to see and the ears inclined to His words])

20. At that day, you will know that I am in my Father and you are in me and I am in you."
21. "Whoever has my commands and keeps them, he does love me, but he who loves me shall be loved from my Father and I shall love him, and I shall show myself to him." (Jesus will make Himself manifest spiritually to you at a personal/intimate level.)

22. Yehuda said to him (he was not Scariota), "My Lord, how is it you are going to show yourself to us and not the same to the world?" 23. Yeshua answered and said to him, "Whoever loves me keeps my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and we will make our lodging with him." Here Jesus is telling them that this is happening at a spiritual level, but they're not really understanding what the spiritual concept is. Jesus is telling us that if we regard His words as truth and as reality, and live our lives by them, then His spirit and The Father's spirit will dwell with us.

24. "But he who does not love me does not keep my word, and this word which you are hearing is not mine, but The Father's who has sent me." (He's telling us that God The Father has directly given Him these words which He is speaking, that they come directly from Him.) 

25. "I have spoken these things with you while I am with you." 26. "But he, The Redeemer of the accursed, The Spirit of Holiness, whom my Father sends in my name, he will teach you all things and he will remind you of everything whatsoever I have told you." (The Holy Spirit lives in us, guides us, and shows/teaches us new things, who believe in His truth.)

27. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. It is not as the world gives that I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, and do not let it be afraid." (The peace that Jesus brings to us cannot be found from any other source in this fallen world. And for us not be mentally troubled or afraid.)

28. "You have heard that I said to you, 'I am going away, and I am coming to you'; if you had loved me, you would have rejoiced that I am going to join my Father, for my Father is greater than I." 29. "And now, behold, I have told you before it happens, that when it has happened, you may believe." (Jesus makes known to the apostles and disciples ahead of time that He would have to depart from the world and join God the Father again (who is greater than He is), and that He would later come back as the prophecies tell us.)

30. "After this I will not be speaking much with you, for The Prince of the world is coming and he has nothing to use against me*. (Satan, the deceiver of this world, as we know it, is described as the The Prince of this world by Jesus here, as he inherited dominion over or spiritual world through deceiving Adam and Eve, back at the Garden of Eden.)

31. But that the world may know that I love my Father, and just as my Father has taught me, so I have done. Rise up, let us depart from here." ~ Jesus Christ (Yeshua/The Son of God)

Amen! God Bless you, and thank you for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! The author will see it very soon.